The Stapylton Arms
The buildings in which we now own were constructed circa 1620 as a granary and became an ale house in 1645. In 1739 the Inn became known as The Staplyton Arms following the purchase of the entire village by the Staplyton family of Myton on Swale. The pub retained this name until 1896 when the village was purchased by Sir George Wombwell of nearby Newburgh Priory. Whilst the village and pub were sold off from the Wombwell estate in 1924, the pub’s name did not change until June 2106 when we became the new owners.